The Call Of Spiritual Life Coaching: A Dream Career Worth Pursuing?
If one of your deepest desires in life is helping other people, becoming a certified spiritual life coach is a career you can consider. It is a powerful way to do work that is meaning, and that you love while earning a good income.
Being a spiritual like coach is somewhat the same as your ordinary life coach, yet it brings in the depth, power, and meaning of the spiritual dimension. Spiritually-minded individuals may seek someone to coach them to embrace the importance of spirituality to their life and wellbeing.
Not all of us have the necessary knowledge and experience to become a spiritual life coach. Nevertheless, those who do can present their clients with a well-rounded and excellent coaching experience.
There is now a powerful spiritual life coach training online that will prepare you to do this elevated and meaningful work.
So how do you know if it’s a career worth pursuing? In this article, you will learn if being a spiritual life coach is your calling.
What Spirituality Is And What It’s Not
Spirituality is different from religion, ethics, and morality. It is what we yearn for from deep within us; we feel a calling to something that’s higher than ourselves. Deep down, we all sense a connection to a Higher Power, and spirituality is about remembering that Divine connection, and experiencing the peace of mind and love that come, as a result.
Spirituality is not like religion which is based on practices and doctrine. It’s also not determined by the moral code of a certain culture which is interpreted in everyday behaviors. Spirituality is about the core and essence of ourselves. It is about the peace and inner kindness that is innate within, and that unites us all.
Our empathy and kindness for other people are developed by spirituality. These traits are particularly helpful in terms of spiritual life coaching. When we are compassionate, we look for openness and acceptance instead of whether a person is perfect or not.
You can enhance your own characteristics of self-acceptance, kindness, self-awareness, and patience as a human through spirituality. You also become wiser, more understanding and flexible.
Awareness and spirituality are essential ingredients in life as they let us see both sides of the coin, and make us realize that we all have a choice on how we want our lives to turn out. When we develop our spirituality, our fears will begin to subside. Life takes on a greater sense of calm, and we open our hearts to love all of life.
How Do I Know If Being A Spiritual Life Coach Is For Me?
If you’re still not sure this is a dream career you can pursue, here are some notes that may help in your decision:
- Helping people is your passion. Do you find a lot of your family, friends or colleagues seeking your advice when they have problems? If you answer yes to this, and if it brings you great pleasure in lending a helping hand to others, then choosing to become a spiritual life coach to make a living is a healthy choice for you.
- A part of your life’s higher purpose is to serve others. Are you entirely satisfied with your current job? Is there always a nagging feeling deep down inside telling you that there’s more to life than 9 to 5? Or perhaps you think that there’s a higher purpose for you that you want to experience and explore the real meaning of life? Being a spiritual coach may be the answer to all of these feelings as it gives you the chance to do what you’re supposed to do in life and utilize your gifts.
- Your values align with a spiritual life coach’s work. The majority of spiritual life coaches experience remarkable satisfaction and inner peace often by living their lives in harmony with their spiritual values. These values may involve being able to talk about the things that mean the most in our lives, providing service to people in need, and aiding individuals to reach their dreams or achieve their goals. Ask yourself what your values are and if becoming a coach and helping others succeed will support you in living your values and finding a sense of inner fulfillment.
What Are The Benefits I Can Get From It?
Is it a career that can get you through the rainy days? While spiritual life coaching is an exceptional way to improve not just your client’s life but yours as well, it’s also a flourishing business that’s very lucrative.
- Lucrative salaries. Spiritual life coaching is a 6-figure job. According to Sherpa Executive Coaching Survey, the rate per hour ranges around $150 up to $500. Working with a specific demographic or creating monthly packages are even more profitable. However, keep in mind that this will not happen overnight. You have to set a fair fee at the beginning, and once you gain reputation and acquire experience, you can start imposing higher fees.
- You’ll have freedom, time, and flexibility. Your time is literally in your hands. You have control of your schedule, and you can organize it around your daily responsibilities. You can work at your preferred time and day. While others prefer setting up an office, there are those that do coaching over the phone sitting comfortably at home in their pajamas. With the availability of modern technologies, you have an option to work both locally and internationally. This career is highly flexible, and there are graduates of our Spiritual Life Coach Training Online that are taking advantage of online platforms to share their wisdom and experiences across the globe.
- Be your own boss. Since you are financially free, you have the opportunity to run a business that feeds your passion and interests in life anywhere in the world and be your own boss. You don’t have to live someone else’s dream by working for them. You create your own path instead. Furthermore, you don’t have to be confined in a 9 to 5 job in an enclosed cubicle.
- Health and enlightenment. It is essential to live and breathe what you teach and to walk the talk to be an effective coach. Teaching spirituality means you are nurturing yourself as well.
What Do I Need To Start A Spiritual Life Coach Career?
- Go through a certification program and be certified. Having credibility is one of the huge factors in the coaching industry. Knowing that your knowledge is up to date and 100% effective and tested, has a solid basis. Push yourself forward to gain more knowledge, increase confidence and more importantly, become certified in this field. There are a lot of coaching programs you can find online, but what makes our certification program unique is that it is a distance learning program comprised of a comprehensive 325-hour learning environment that you can enjoy wherever you are in the world. The program we offer covers an evolved online business and marketing model to fuel higher profits and purpose with a holistic approach to business as a whole. Our cutting-edge curriculum, tools, and protocols will be able to provide you with the most powerfully effective, results-based training.
- Your spiritual life should remain vibrant. You cannot impart something to others if you do not practice it. If you want to be an efficient spiritual life coach, it is imperative for you to be profoundly spiritual as well. You have to be committed to finding spiritual depth. The beauty of it all is that there’s no right or wrong in approaching spirituality. There are fake gurus out there who focus more on the business side of things and do not realize that the real prize here is the journey. By discovering your own spirituality, you will learn life’s important lessons from the path you choose to follow.
- Start with friends and family. The best way to start practicing your craft is through your family and friends. They are the best people who can provide you with the feedback you need to further your career. Ask for their honest opinions and constructive criticism, as this will help you grow as a coach. Moreover, it’s also a great way for you to help them discover their inner connection.
- Join meetups. You can find plenty of networking events across the country at meetups. These groups normally gather individuals from several professions. You can start with a few people that you are willing to help for free. It’s a good way to have case studies and testimonials.
- Do not hesitate to ask for referrals. When you’re building your reputation and network for your coaching practice, word of mouth is one of the best advertisement tools you can depend on. It is vital that you ask your family, friends, colleagues, and current clients for referrals. And make sure to let them know how much you appreciate their referrals.
- Create curriculums, courses, packages. When you acquire the experience needed and learn what works for you and identify the general problems of your clients, you will be able to grow your business. You can even begin building an online course with an easy-to-understand step-by-step process. Having a course prepared instead of manually teaching them will not only help to expand your reach, but it will also provide you with more time to find potential clients.
You can learn everything you need at the Awakened Academy where we teach our students spirituality, finding purpose, spiritual coaching, online business, creating courses and more, guiding them every step of the way and supporting them with the necessary tools on their journey ahead.
What Are The Challenges I Should Be Aware?
As previously mentioned, spiritual life coaching is not everyone’s cup of tea. As your life coaching business grows, you have to be ready to face some of the challenges ahead, and you have to be firm and sure about every decision you will make.
The first and most important thing you need to do if you want to become a spiritual life coach or achieve anything else in your life is to decide when you want your journey to begin and if you will be willing to do everything to make it work and be successful in it.
There will be times during the whole process when you will be unsure of what steps you need to take next. There are also times when you will be unsure if you will ever get enough clients. Furthermore, you also need to prepare yourself for people in your life who will tell you that you will not succeed at this. You may doubt yourself, and as you build your career or business, fears may enter your mind.
When all of these things happen, always remember that this is normal and everyone starting up on something new goes through them. The most important thing here is to face every challenge that may come your way with optimism, positivity, a smile on your face, and ensure that you are not alone when facing them. Remember, Rome was not built in one day and it took thousands of people to create something that wondrous. Surrounding yourself with a supportive spiritual community and world-recognized training will give you the extra confidence and boost of strength you need, as well, to get through challenging times.
The journey of becoming a successful spiritual life coach is an adventure of its own where you will discover yourself. It may be a challenge at first, but at the end of the day, the rewards and benefits will be well worth it.
According to Forbes, the coaching industry is estimated to be a $2 billion dollar industry that’s increasing by 15% every year. But these numbers do not compare to the fact that helping others is priceless. Assess and contemplate, and if you see yourself still doing this after 20 years, then this is your calling.
If you’re interested in learning about Awakened Academy’s Spiritual Life Coaching Certification Program, click here to download our Academy Brochure